Step 4: Book your party!
Our Birthday Party schedule can fill months in advance! For faster scheduling, have several date & time options ready when you contact the Education Director. Birthday Parties are a membership benefit. Not a member? Become a member today!
When you schedule a party, a 2.5-3 hour time slot will be reserved for you (this includes set-up & clean-up). Time slots can be scheduled between the hours of 9 am–9 pm, seven days a week, depending upon our educator availability. Birthdays are usually booked on Saturdays and Sundays (at either 11:00 am or 2:00 pm), but after school and evening parties can also be arranged.
Booking a party for January-February? Check out our Birthday Special! Mention Super S'mores
1. Complete the following Birthday Interest Form
2. Review and sign the confirmation form upon receipt. Payment can be made via cash, credit, or check. Please make checks payable to Tenafly Nature Center. Credit cards accepted through the Birthday Coordinator.
3. Mail the signed confirmation form with payment, to the Birthday Coordinator c/o Tenafly Nature Center.
4. Read the Parent Checklist to review policies, understand what the parents responsibilities are, and what Tenafly Nature Center will provide.
5. Once your party is scheduled and payment is made, the educator will contact you 24-48 hours prior to the party date to introduce themselves and confirm any last minute details.
- Maximum program group size is 30 children, including siblings. There is no charge for parents and supervising adults.
- In order to obtain adequate staff, advance notice of additional guests over 20 is required. We reserve the right to limit the number of guests during the party to the number originally registered on the confirmation form.
- A non-refundable deposit is required for all parties. Full payment must be received within two weeks or the reservation will be cancelled. Parties scheduled with less than two weeks notice will require full payment three days prior to the reservation.
- Payment can be made by check, cash, or money order (credit cards not accepted).
- For TNC To Go programs, a mileage charge of the current IRS rate per mile round trip is added to the fee if the location is outside of Tenafly. One parking space must be provided near the entrance of your location.
- Gratuity is not required but always greatly appreciated
* Presenter led party themes have limited availability and are presented by partnering education-based companies. We will schedule your program, and host your party in our space. Presenter fees can vary from above; the Education Director will have the most up to date information.
Reschedule, Cancellation & Refund Information
- Birthday party programs are taught mostly outdoors and are held drizzle or shine. However, in the event of heavy rain or dangerous temperatures, an alternate indoor program may be substituted.
- If you must reschedule, a $50 rescheduling fee will be applied.
- Membership is considered a donation and is non-refundable.
- If your party must be cancelled, refunds are based on how far in advance cancellation is from the scheduled date.
- Cancellation Timeline Refund Amount
- More than 30 days’ notice - 100% returned
- 11 to 30 days’ notice - 50% returned
- Less than 11 days’ notice - NO REFUND
- We reserve the right to terminate your event for non-compliance with these regulations and prohibit plans that may interfere with operations, cause harm to animals, or other reasons at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- A minimum charge of $50 will be added and an invoice on your Tenafly Nature Center account will be created in the event of damage to a room or its contents or if garbage is left behind. Tenafly Nature Center will notify account holder by phone if an invoice is created.
- We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled activity if actual group size and age levels differ substantially from the reservation without notification. The above cancellation/ refund policy applies.
If you have visited us recently and you would like to let us know what you thought, please complete an evaluation form.
This evaluation will help us to continue to refine our offerings thus ensuring we are providing all groups with high quality programming in the future and meeting your expectations.