When school is out, kids can keep learning and have fun too! Campers explore the Tenafly Nature Center woods and trails, make crafts, share stories and play games while learning about the environment. Vacation day camps are offered in every season.
- Family Membership is required for all participants in our camp programs.
- Membership is considered a donation and is non-refundable.
- Membership only needs to be paid once each year. Become a member today!
After registering your child, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. This e-mail contains the following required paperwork:
Failure to submit all forms to TNC 7 days before the first day of camp will result in forfeiture of your registration fee.
- Please log into our NEW online health system: CAMPDOCS.
This is where you will tell us about your camper, fill out health information, emergency contacts, other important safety data, and submit the following required files:
- The Mandatory Health Packet: Universal Health Record from your child’s health care provider.
- Including an Immunization History:
Please note, if your health care provider will not be including a complete immunization form the Health Department requires a written statement signed by the parent or guardian explaining how the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with the camper’s exercise of bona fide religious tenets or practices. General philosophical or moral objection to immunization shall not be sufficient for an exemption on religious grounds.
- A copy of your insurance card.
- A copy of any information regarding your child's activity restrictions/special needs (ex. IEP, ISFP).
- Complete the form submission through CAMPDOCS 7 days prior to the start of the camp session. New Jersey state law requires that campers submit a current health record each year.
- Participant daily checklist and outdoor information forms to prepare for camp.
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
• Your child's name
• Camp date and age group
• Your name
• Your phone number
Vacation Camp Refund Policy (Fall, Winter, Presidents, Spring):
- Full tuition refunds will be given for cancellations with 2+ weeks notice.
- Membership is a tax-deductible donation with year-round benefits, and is non-refundable.
- From 7-14 days prior to the first class, full refunds will be given only if the space can be filled from the waiting list, otherwise, only 50% of the tuition will be refunded. If no wait-list children are available, you are welcome to find your own replacement.
- No refunds will be given with less than 7 days notice.
- Failure to complete the health information, emergency contacts, other important safety data submission through CAMPDOCS 7 days prior to the start of the camp session will result in forfeiture of registration fee.
- What should a parent do if their child is going to be absent?
If your child is going to be absent or arriving after 9 AM for ANY reason, please contact the Nature Center office at (201) 568-6093. You may leave a message if your call is outside office hours—please try to call before 9:00 am each day your child will be absent.
- Signs to note if a child is too ill to attend camp?
A few sniffles or a dry cough are okay, but if a child has a fever over 100°F, diarrhea, vomiting, a sore throat, a rash, red draining eyes, thick yellow or green nasal discharge, please keep them at home until 24 hours AFTER these symptoms are resolved or a note from your doctor is sent to camp stating that the child can attend. If your child is diagnosed with an infection, it is very important to keep him/her out of camp for at least 24-48 hours AFTER starting antibiotics to prevent the spread of infection.
- In cases of cancellation due to major illness and/or family emergency, refunds will be assessed on case-by case basis at the discretion of the Director.
- The staff reserves the right to cancel registration without refund for unacceptable behavior or children registered for the incorrect age group/grade level.
- This policy does not cover Summer Nature Day Camp, School, Scout, or other group programs.