Sail for 2- to 3-hour round-trip and learn about the geology of the Palisades from George Harlow, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at the American Museum of Natural History, followed by a discussion about the Hudson watershed with Hudson Riverkeeper staff.
Meet at the boat basin. This sail departs from the Alpine Boat Basin.
- Each trip is limited to 40 people. Fees must be pre-paid. No refunds.
- Sail is held rain or shine; proceed to boat basin and wear rain gear. In severe weather, the captain may cancel the sail and issue vouchers at the dock.
- Check-in at the dock gate is required. Check this website to confirm dates.
- All trips depart and return to the Alpine Boat Basin, Exit 2 off the Palisades Interstate Parkway. Weekend sails do not include $5 parking fee.
- Bring your own food and beverages (beer/wine ok, but no liquor) but please take everything with you after the sail.
- Restrooms available dockside only.
- Due to the number of registrations received for our numerous programs, we are unable to provide refunds due to changes in individual schedules, illness, or other personal reasons.
- Payment is per person. All ages of individuals count toward the 40 people aboard the ship due to Coast Guard regulations.