When school is out, 1st-5th grade kids can keep learning and have fun too! Children will explore TNC woods and trails, make crafts, share stories and play games while learning about the environment. On this day we will learn about the history of environmentalism and the great leaders who paved the way!
We need help! 6th-8th grade students can be Junior CITs. Part camper, part helper, we are looking for responsible individuals who are ready to assist the camp staff with setup, cleanup, and leading younger children in games and lessons.
No previous experience required as this is an entry to gaining skills in self-confidence, building a work ethic, and leadership. Jr. CITs will have the perks of enjoying the lessons and games too!
Full day is 9:00-3:30 pm
Children should bring a refillable water bottle, two snacks, and lunch. Layers and rain/snow gear are recommended (rain boots, snow pants, jacket, hat, gloves, etc.). A participant daily checklist can be found on our school break day camp web page. Rain or shine. Children may attend individual days or half days.
- Current annual Family Membership ($60) is required for all participants in our camp programs. Not a member? Join or renew now and take advantage of what the nature center offers all year round.
- Click the Register button, complete the form, and pay with a credit card.
- Wait for your confirmation email and use the link to log into our online health system: CAMPDOCS. (May take up to a week to receive email)
This is where you will tell us about your camper, fill out health information, emergency contacts, other important safety data, and submit the following required files:The Mandatory Health Packet: Universal Health Record from your child’s health care provider.
Including an Immunization History:
- Please note, if your health care provider will not be including a complete immunization form the Health Department requires a written statement signed by the parent or guardian explaining how the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with the camper’s exercise of bona fide religious tenets or practices. General philosophical or moral objection to immunization shall not be sufficient for an exemption on religious grounds.
- A copy of your insurance card.
- A copy of any information regarding your child's activity restrictions/special needs (ex. IEP, ISFP).
- Complete the form submission through CAMPDOCS 7 days prior to the start of the camp session. New Jersey state law requires that campers submit a current health record each year.
Failure to submit all forms to TNC 7 days before the first day of camp will result in forfeiture of your registration fee. No exceptions.