- My Tiger Jungle: Get outdoors to discover bugs, birds, and animals that live at Tenafly Nature Center! This adventure is best done Spring-Fall. Length=1.5 hours.
- In the Wild: Take a hike! On this adventure, you will learn how to be a Tiger in the Wild. This adventure is best done Spring-Fall. Length=1.5 hours (Requirements 1-4, 6 and 7).
- Finding Your Way: Maps and compasses are tools that have helped travelers for hundreds of years know if they are headed in the right direction. In this adventure, you will learn to read maps and use one on a hike. You’ll also get to make your own map and use a compass on a scavenger hunt. This adventure is best done Spring-Fall. Length=2 hours.
- Paws on the Path: Exploring far-away mountains. Traveling through deep, dark jungles. Crossing hot, dry deserts. The adventurers that mastered these journeys got their start on a short hike, just like the one you and your Wolf den are about to take! In this adventure, you will use your Scouting outdoor skills and learn more about the natural world around you. This adventures is best done Spring-Fall. Length=2.5 hours.
- Fur, Feathers, and Ferns: Grab your binoculars and start exploring the natural world! In this adventure you will explore the world of mammals, birds, plants, and more. You will learn more about where wild creatures live and you will do your part to help them. You will practice the Outdoor Code by showing ways to be considerate in the outdoors. This adventure is best done Spring-Fall. Length=2 hours.
- Castaway: To survive in the wilderness, you need to learn survival skills long before you have to use them. This adventure will help you learn some of these important skills in case you ever get lost. Learning these skills will make you a better Scout and increase your chances of survival in an emergency. This adventure is best done Spring-Fall. Length=3 hours (Requirements 1a, 1c, 2a, 2c, 2d, 2f, 2g). Fire: 3 h 30 m (1a, 1b, 2a, 2c, 2d, 2f, 2g)**
- Into the Wild: Do you wonder what makes the howling, hooting, whistling, and humming sounds you hear at night? Do you wonder where flocks of birds are going when they fly overhead? When you go “into the wild,” you will begin to understand some of the mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and insects that live with us day and night and how they contribute to the world in which we live. This adventure is best done Spring-Fall. Length=2 hours.
- Into the Woods: Trees and plants play important roles in nature. In this adventure, you will get to learn about the plants and trees in your community by exploring Tenafly Nature Center. As you go into the woods in this adventure, you’ll learn what trees and plants do for us and for animals and why taking care of them is important to our planet’s well-being. This adventure is best done Spring-Fall. Length=1.5 hours.
- Walkabout: Hiking is walking with a purpose. It is great exercise and a fun activity to do with your den or family. In the Webelos Walkabout adventure, you’ll learn how to prepare for a hike, what you should bring along, and what you should do if there is an emergency. During your den hike, you’ll also have the chance to do a service project. This adventure is best done Spring-Fall. Length=3.5 hours.
Scout Trip Add-Ons
- Butterfly House (30 min.)
(Memorial Day-Labor Day)
Come visit our new 12 x 24' butterfly house filled with native butterflies. This add-on offers visitors a total immersion experience as it introduces scouts to the wonders of metamorphosis.
Fee: $1 per person
- Self-guided Walk
Grab a trail map and guide your scouts on one of our trails.
Help support the animal ambassadors that live at TNC, in conjunction with a scheduled field trip. Enjoy a 30 minute up close visit and Q & A session with your sponsored animal. All scout group sponsorships receive a thank you package which includes: a group photo with the animal, certificate, photograph of sponsored animal, recognition in our newsletter, species information and animal's biography.
**Can add a 30 minute campfire to a session for an additional $50.