Trail Rules & Information
Please respect the wildlife and their habitat. Take only pictures...and leave nothing.
As a guest in a nature preserve, we ask that you respect these rules to keep TNC a safe, clean, natural, and pleasant place to visit. Please ensure any other people in your group or family, including children, understand them as well.
Any rule violations brought to our attention would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your visit!
- Trails are open to the public from dawn to dusk every day.
- Groups of 10 people or more, even if self-guided, must make arrangements with the staff ahead of time.
- Please be respectful and keep loud voices and noises to a minimum.
- No pets leashed, carried, or otherwise.
- Do not release any animals.
- Stay on trails at all times and stay out of streams and ponds (to minimize disturbance to plants & wildlife).
- No fires (without staff oversight).
Smoking and/or the carrying of a lighted cigarette, cigar, pipe or other combustible substance, in any manner or any form, including vapor from an electronic smoking device, is prohibited at all times, in all borough parks, playgrounds, playing fields, recreation facilities, and recreational areas.
- No bicycles, strollers (or any vehicles) beyond the parking area. Trails are for foot traffic only.
- Leave No Trace — Carry-In, Carry-Out. Please no littering.
- Please do not disturb, feed, collect or remove wildlife—plants or animals or other objects (rocks, soil, leaves, acorns).Don’t pick, disturb, collect, or take natural mementos home (this includes the leaves, frogs, fish, flowers, mushrooms, insects, etc.).